Friday, February 15, 2008

"SO WHAT ABOUT SOCIALIZATION?"...AND OTHER QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING!

Whenever we go out and someone asks my children where they go to school, or what grade they are in, I mentally cover my head, and wait for the "bomb to drop"! For some reason, when it comes to the subject of homeschooling, people feel they have the freedom to tell you what they think you should do, and what your children need... even if they are total strangers! If you have been homeschooling for any amount of time, you have more than likely faced some type of criticism or questioning. It seems to just come with the territory. Over the years, I have had more comments, questions, and criticism than I can count regarding our choice to home school. Family members, acquaintances, and even people I don't know. I'm not sure that I'll ever get to the point where this doesn't bother me, but I guess I just have gotten used to it.

I've had questions like:



"Do your children have FRIENDS?"
"What about socialization?"
"How do you teach them every subject? Do you know everything?"
"How do you have the patience for that? I could NEVER do it!"
"Well, don't your kids need to get out SOMETIME?
"What if your kids want to play sports?"
"Aren't we called to be "salt and light"?



The rest of this article can be found HERE, in Gina's monthly column entitled "Reaching High! For the Glory of God!

No comments:

My All Time Favorite Bible Verse!

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Hold My Heart - Tenth Avenue North

">

Reason

Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Turn the Tide-A Prayer for America - Abigail Miller