Monday, February 4, 2008

Against The Current

"Against the Current" was my devotional today. This spoke loudly to me! yesterday's message was great, it was about "coveteousness" and in between, the Pastor used Hebrews 13:5 (my husband's favorite verse) where it says: ...I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. And the pastor shared with us that in the long run is not what you do (in church, or position you hold) but who you are what counts! At the end, when we die or when God comes for us, we can not take anything with us. Who I am in God's eyes, how I follow after Him, how I seek after Him, that's where my concentration needs to be!!! That's all I've known all my life, is being active in church. My husband was a deacon, choir director assistant, congregational leader, we were the homeschool group leaders...and though I've had a "good" relationship with God, it's obvious to me that I need to know him more, I need to draw nearer to my blessed Lord and totally trust His guidance in this "against the current" situation I'm in right now. In my shortsighted eyes I don't see what's awaiting for me! I have to be reminded that His thoughts are not my thoughts (good thing, right?) and the only one that knows the outcome is God and I need to trust in Him alone!!!


Against the Current by Hannah Whitall Smith

So like wise, whowoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. LUKE 14:33

You must remember that our God has all knowledge and all wisdom, and that therefore it is very possible He may guide you into paths wherein He knows great blessings are awaiting you, but which, to the shortsighted human eyes around you, seem sure to result in confusion and loss. You must recognize the fact that God's thoughts are not as man's thoughts, nor His ways as man's ways; and that He alone, who knows the end of things from the beginning, can judge of what the results of any course of action may be. You must, therefore, realize that His very love for you may perhaps lead you to run counter to the loving wishes of even your dearest friends. You must learn, from Luke 14:26-33 and similar passages, that in order to be a disciple and follower of your Lord, you may perhaps be called upon to forsake inwardly all that you have, even father or mother, or brother or sister, or husband or wife, or it may be your own life also. Unless the possibility of this is clearly recognized, you will be very likely to get into difficulty, because it often happens that the child of God who enters upon this life of obedience is sooner or later led into paths that meet with the disapproval of those he best loves; and unless he is prepared for this and can trust the Lord through it all, he will scarcely know what to do.

No comments:

My All Time Favorite Bible Verse!

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Hold My Heart - Tenth Avenue North

">

Reason

Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Turn the Tide-A Prayer for America - Abigail Miller