Wednesday, March 5, 2008

His Appointment

I love to think that God appoints
My portion day by day;
Events of life are in His hand,
And I would only say,
Appoint them in Thine own good time,
And in Thine own best way.

------A. L. Waring


If we are really, and always, and equally ready
to do whatsoever the King appoints, all the tri-
als and vexations arising from any change in
His appointments, great or small, simply do not
exist. If He appoints me to work there, shall I
lament that I am not to work here? If
He appoints me to wait indoors today, am I to
be annoyed because I am not to work out-of-
doors? If I meant to write His messages this
morning, shall I grumble because He sends
interrupting visitors, rich or poor, to whom I
am to speak, or "show kindness" for His sake,
or at least obey His command, "Be courteous"?
If all my members are really at His disposal,
why should I be put out if today's appointment
is some simple work for my hands or errands
for my feet, instead of some seemingly more
important doing of head or tongue?

----------Frances Ridley Havergal



Thy servants are ready to do whatsover
my lord the king shall appoint.
2 Samuel 15:15

No comments:

My All Time Favorite Bible Verse!

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Hold My Heart - Tenth Avenue North

">

Reason

Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Turn the Tide-A Prayer for America - Abigail Miller